According to the mayan tzolkin calendar
today is a good day to give thanks to Mother Earth for all her gifts.
We celebrated this day with a walk to the woods
(despite the heavy rains)
We asked the forest the permission
to pick some moss
few pine branches we found on the ground
and few berries
Back home we did put everything on the table
and we started to make a little center piece decoration
for the table for Christmas
it didn't take much time
and it was ready
simple beauty
that will remind us
about our wonderful walk
and the time we spent together
Thank you Mother Earth for all your gifts!
13 comments:
beautiful! a gift of the forest of the earth.
i will give thanks today. thanks for the reminder:)
that is cool you asked permission to take the moss...i love walking in the woods...an often when hiking with certain friends we give the earth a drink from our water bottles....
This is lovely, Birdie! I love how you asked for permission, and gave thanks. Your decoration is so wonderful for the season. I'm inspired! As I so often am when I come here. Thanks you sooo much for your sweet, heartfelt comment today at my place. Oh, I wish we lived closer too! But close in heart right now... :o) Happy Week, my friend ((BIG HUGS))
Lovely Birdie, it came together so nicely!
Yes, we should always be thankful for the Earth. Nice photographs.
Erick Flores
Lovely.
i like the pics of your centerpiece as well...it turned out very nice...
Simple and cute too!
A wonderful walk and great centerpiece too. I wonder though, what did the forest sound like when it gave you permission?..haha
It's just perfect, Birdie! Beautiful!
I have heard of Weaver bird and it's nest. Why am I surprised that Birdie could be so artisitc even with center pieces! Awesome, simply awesome !!
smiles. thank you.
yes, indeed, gratefulness abounds... i can smell the pine and wet earth all the way over here...thank you for sharing, and for the very good reminder...
season's love to you -xok.
Post a Comment