Thursday, February 11, 2010

Waiting for the spring to come

Freesia flowers.

To me they have the most beautiful scent. 
I'm still in a search for a perfume that smells like freesias.
(any suggestions, especially for an organic one are welcome ;-) ) 



I wanted to post a picture of mine in a vase 
But I wait for the shops to start to sell them.

In the meantime I found some interesting infos about these beautiful flowers.

They originate from Africa, of the 14 species, 12 are native to Cape Province,
South Africa, the remaining two to tropical Africa, one species extending 
north of the equator to Sudan.
The genus was named in honor of Friedrich Heinrich Theodor Freese, German physician.

Four years ago I bought a beautiful bouquet of freesias. I was smelling them in the shop, on my way home, while putting them in the vase. Within an hour I could hardly breathe, my nose was stuffed and my eyes red. I do have a hay fever. And very scented flowers do that to me. But even this unpleasant episode didn't stop me from loving the beautiful scent. I just don't overdo it anymore :-)

And you? What are your favorite spring flowers?











No comments: