Crochet? Me? No, never.
Well, one more time I learned that I really have to stop saying the word 'never'. The other day while searching on the net some stuff I needed to, I accidentally landed on a site where a lady showed her beautiful cover she have crochet for her baby. Such a beautiful cover. Right then I knew I was going to learn how to crochet :-) So I googled few sites about crocheting and I've learned how to do the basics.
Then I bought the hook.
And the yarn.
(pitty they didn't have more of color choice though)
And I do crochet my very first cover ;-)
I will use the simplest crochet pattern for this one.
The next one may be more complex when I'll master the basics ;-)
I love all of it - the sewing, the knitting, the crocheting ... sewing is so much fun but it is also lots of work, and one depend on the machine to work properly as well ... but knitting and crocheting I find so very relaxing. It's a pure relaxation.
While in the crafting, the other day, inspired by M. Stewart, I tried to make these pads for under the mugs (please how do we call these things in English anyway :-)
Using an old map of Alaska
And these cork pads
Just cut out the same size of the map, glue it to the pad and then varnish it on the top
and voila :-)
Wishing happy days to everyone :-)
Peace, love and light.
8 comments:
you are doing a wonderful job!! i love each project.
have a lovely day, my friend.
check your email, gonna send you a note.
xoxo
sweet inspiration... in all forms. thank you for kindly sharing... xok.
In English, we could call them "coasters". They are lovely. You're doing a wonderful job on all of your projects. You don't have to have a sewing machine to sew though. You can sew by hand, with just a needle and thread. You'd use templates and a pencil to mark them on the fabric and scissors to the cut the fabric and then pin the pieces together and sew with needle and thread! It's portable and some people love it!
Sharon
Birdie they are called coasters. they are great. You will have to show your progress as you go. think of you often, hugs.
coasters!! thank you friends :-)
Sharon, my back doesn't like sewing by hand as it takes forever ... :-) (or at least to me ... lol)
Oh, just LOVE this craft & creative-filled post, Birdie! Very exciting that you're trying crochet now too, as well as knitting. LOVE the coasters too--great idea! (I've heard them called "hot pads" too--but don't want to confuse. ;o) I hope to be doing some knitting or crochet this weekend too. Thanks for sharing, my friend... Happy Weekend to you & yours ((BIG HUGS))
Great inspiration I know my mum loves to knit. Blessings to you Birdie.
nice...and good job trying new things...i am always looking for inspiration...
Post a Comment