Saturday, November 27, 2010

From the kitchen

Hello from the kitchen :-)


time for some olive oil and greens

and do you know this fellow? I'm sure you do!
time for some ginger drink to keep us strong during the winter season
(I admit I drink ginger even in the summer and cold and it is as yum)
ginger tea/water
just cut fresh ginger into small cubes and pour boiling water on it
(or cook it in a pot on the stove)
and you have got a natural booster against the colds ... 
(ok, you may still get the cold but this drink will help your body to get rid of it in a gentle way)
 the ginger water/tea will get stronger the longer you leave it in, you can store it in the fridge, the second day it will be pretty 'hot' so you may mix it with clean water if you can not stand the taste ;-)

happy week end!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pick up some fresh ginger the next time I'm in Dallas and try this! I love your new header photo!

Sharon

christina said...

i am so going to try this.
xoxo

Brian Miller said...

nice...i like ginger ale...have never had ginger tea...may need to give this a try...hope you are doing well...smiles.

Betsy Brock said...

I've never heard of this! I bet it's delish! :)

Stafford Ray said...

Ginger is my stand-by against sea sickness. Unlike sea sickness drugs, it does not make the look-out drowsy, not does it need to be taken in advance. Just pop a few cubes of glace ginger at the first hint of queasiness and repeat at will.
Note: More than one kilo per hour is bingeing! :-)

Birdie said...

lol Stafford, in deed, I do use it against sea, in my case rather car- sickness as well, and yes we should not overdo it, it's highly addictive :-)

SE'LAH... said...

This sounds like a version of the ginger tea we make in the Caribbean. Small world ;)

one love.

Just Be Real said...

I do not cook.... but what you shared here is quite interesting Birdie. Again, thank you for your kind words to me. Blessings.

Joanna Jenkins said...

YOu had me a "a natural booster against the colds..." THANKS, I didn't know about this.
Cheers, jj