Friday, November 26, 2010

Trying to embrace it all

We saw him on our way in.
A young beggar.
On our way back I gave him ham and bread.
His face did light up when he said
thank you.
And I felt 
Bad.


The wise tells us to embrace it all.
To breath in the pain. And the fear.
To breath out love and compassion.

I try to do that.

But I know that it will take some time before I can embrace it All.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Birdie, I agree sometimes reality is too harsh, but a bit at a time. your blog looks great. love that you are well and getting into the holiday season. hugs, visit you soon again.

Birdie said...

Cinner, I'm always happy to see you around here :-))

Brian Miller said...

smiles. this is actually beautiful...compassion pulls us together..and the pain can be unbearable at times...such as my post today...seeking the wisdom in how to affect positive chnage in their lives...