Happy Tuesday friends. After some worries that were here behind the scenes, all has been clear up and I'm finding well needed relief. Exhale. Thank you Universe!
Yesterday we went for a little check up on the xmas trees. Completely unexpectedly we came home with one. And it's absolutely beautiful. It's laying down in our garden as they suggest on the webside for this kind of xmas trees. Contrary to the popular belief it is apparently not good to let your xmas tree to 'warm up' in the garage. Better to lay it down on the grass and let it have the humidity of the ground. And they suggest to bring it home only when ready for decorating. Which I'm. But we don't have a big enough xmas stand. Will have to go back. First I thought I will spare us few (actually not so few) bucks and that I will put it in a pot with sand. It sounded very appealing and hubby did 'applaud' my idea. Then after thinking it over we both agreed that with a 3 y/o little boy it could not 'survive' and that the tree has to be firmly fixed into the xmas stand.
Every year I struggle thinking what is the best xmas tree choice. Last year we had the one in the pot that we did plant in the garden. Few years ago we did the same and the tree is just grown up now and simply gorgeous. Unfortunately this garden is not ours and we cannot make a forest out of it so the choice was between the artificial one and the real one. I love real xmas tree. There is nothing as such. The colors, the smells ... then I felt guilty because of our Mother Earth. After some research I found out that if we are not going to use the artificial one for all our life then it is actually creating more pollution then the real one (fabrication). They apparently plant real xmas trees just for the xmas so it's not like they are going to cut it away from the forests ... peace to my mind on that ...
I wonder what is your choice for a Christmas tree?
Speaking of Christmas. If you are still looking for some ideas for a present don't hesitate to visit Sharon's etsy shop the link for her etsy is in the upper right corner just below her picture.
She has got lovely things there :-)
Hope you have a lovely days ahead :-) I'm going to share some baking in my next post, so come to check in soon :-)
Hugs!
ps: I had no time to put the picture but I'll share later .... :-)
6 comments:
Hi, Birdie! I love your story today about Christmas trees. We put our tree up at the weekend. It's an artificial one--not as cozy and fragrant as a real one, but it will last a long time and can be used again. ;o) I'm slowing getting to visiting and such though, as I've not been feeling too well in recent days since getting back from our travels--but getting there. Great to be catching up with you and back in blogland. :o) Happy Days, my friend--talk to you more soon! ((HUGS))
blessings to you and yours.. happy you found the right tree.. im still loocking lol.. have a happy day
Birdie, a nice Christmas story. Glad you were able to find just the right tree. Blessings.
what a beautiful christmas story. your tree will be loved.
xo
Thanks for the advice on the tree-- In all honestly, I used to think the "tree warming up" was an excuse for my folks to put off decorating the tree for another day :-)
Cheers, jj
nice iso miss having a live tree...we went artificial about 2 years ago and i cant stand it...sorry to hear things havr brrn chaotic...
Post a Comment