The summer is fighting with the autumn around here. We have got so many weather changes in the past week. Heavy pouring rains were alternate by hot sunny days for few days just to go back to heavy rains and winds.
I'm a bit busy preparing everything for our upcoming trip to the physio therapist. Every time before the trip I grow a bit anxious. Are we going to have good news? Are they going to reduce the number of the exercises or are we going to exercise still three times a day, plus all the questions that I need to ask in order to provide the best physio for our son.
The therapy we use is called Vojta therapy. Vojta therapy is a medical technique based on the principle of reflex locomotion stimulated by precisely defined trigger zones on the body of a patient. It is suitable for babies, children and adults, it is an effective treatment and prevention of motion disorders. It is used for the treatment of developmental delays, cerebral pasly, post-traumatic states, after CVA, scoliosis, or like in our case for the treatment of plexus brachial obstetrical
This therapy is so very effective, I'm so delighted with the results. But it is also very difficult to do. The doctor neurolog, physio therapist teaches me where are the trigger zones on my son's body and how to press them, then I have to watch for the reaction. I have to make sure that I have seen all the muscles groups working. To find and stimulates these trigger zones is all the trick. It is not easy and it requieres a huge concentration. It's getting easier now, because I'm exercising that with my sweet boy for the third year but the first year was difficult. I was literally in sweat after some of these practices :-) Now, the hardest part is to make our little one to cooperate. Of course, it is difficult for him, and to exercise for 15-20 minutes 3x per day is something he doesn't really find very amusing. He is still so small and doesn't understand that it is for his own good. So sometimes (basically every time lol) it takes lots of 'psychology' to make him to cooperate because when he doesn't the practice is basically non existant. It's enough when he moves away just a little bit from the position I put him into and the practice is useless.
So with all of that I didn't find much time to blog. And also and mostly my mind is not in the bloggy mood :-)
But! My card for the GOJ is ready to go!!! I hope the person who I'm sending it to will like it :-)
So, I hope that everyone is well and happy. I don't know if I will post more before we leave, if not, I'll 'see' you guys after September the 13th only. But I will probably still hang around here a bit to read your beautiful and inspiring blogs this week. I'm also sorry for not replying to emails, you are all on my heart and I'll write to all of you as soon as I can, that's a promise :-)
Happy week to all :-)))
7 comments:
Thinking of you all... and hope your son will benefit from the physio visit.Wishing you safe, healthy & happy travels, Birdie! :o) ((HUGS))
thank you for sharing..... I read and i know how strong your spirit is...
Decide not to live by how you feel. Go deeper than that and start living by what you know. You know God is in control. You know He's got a great plan for you and your son's life. You know His power is greater than any other power. When you wake up and those old negative, discouraging thoughts and feelings come, shake them off. Be done with that roller coaster living. Don't give into your emotions and let them keep you from God's blessings and promotion. Start choosing to live each day in God's peace. Decide that you and your son are going to have a great day and therapy. By doing so, you will see God work in your life in greater ways because your eyes are fixed toward Him instead of your situation, and you'll live the life of victory He has in store for you!
god bless you and your son... one love...
Will keep you in my prayers dear Birdie. Blessings. Praying for your anxiety to lessen.
i hope that the trip goes well...and that he copperates. i think of the sacrifices you make...you truly are a loving mother...thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes...smiles.
Birdie, I hope things go okay. it must be hard for him , when he is a little older he might be more cooperative. My prayers are with you. I am going to go read up on this. One never knows what another deals with, today you put mine into perspective. I should stand in the corner being such a whiner. off to the doctor I go. Birdie, thank you so much for all the kind words you leave for me. good luck and look forward to when you are back. hugs.
Oh, this therapy sounds so interesting! I hope it benefits you and your son!
Hello Birdie!
I received your GOJ right before I went on vacation. Your beautiful card was waiting on my desk when I got back this week. Thanks so much! I wanted to stop by to thank you properly. I wish you all the bets with your PT. be back soon
Post a Comment