Sunday, October 24, 2010

And we are 3

On Friday we did celebrate our son's 3d birthday.
I thought I'll put in writing how much I love him.
But I cannot find the words that would describe 
the LOVE I feel for him.
Love that is just growing each and every day.
Love that makes me become the best I can be.
So I just say again and again:
happy birthday sweetheart
I love you!!!

Here is the picture of our boy 11 days old

Here is today. 3 years old.


Other then that we have a family visiting with us this week end. So I'm sorry that I didn't visit with all of you my friends, I'll try to catch up with you next week. I'm sure there are lots of lovely post waiting for me ;-) 

Today I got the chance to work in the garden. I needed to get rid of the compost. It has not been used and it was getting out of control. So I got bags, gloves and I started. I like the smell of the soil, of the mud, of all the nature. I was enjoying the work much. My husband's mom came to ask me if I don't mind the smell. No I don't mind the smell at all, I said. Well, then I did dig a bit deeper, I did inhale, and I almost felt on the ground. Yup. I kind of forgot that when you dig really deep in the compost it does not have the loveliest smell at all .... :-))
I feel a deep connection with the soil. I always felt this way. No matter how far I did live I always felt connected to the ground there where I was. We don't own this land here. It's not even our home land. And sometimes  I get to feel that in the daily life. But as soon as I get my knees on the ground and I touch the soil or the grass or the trees I feel connected. I believe this is the true connection. No borders can break that. No 'labels' can change that. I'm just me on this planet Earth. I'm one with it all. No matter where.

I hope that everybody had a lovely weekend. And that everyone will have even lovelier week ahead :-)

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice. there is something that happens when you put your hands to the earth...i have a huge connection with nature...and glad he had a good birthday!

Cindy said...

nice post Birdie, two beautiful photos of your sun, looks so peaceful as a baby, oh my, I understand so about playing in the dirt. Enjoy and catch up soon. hugs.

Tracy said...

Oh, such sweet photos of your son, Birdie! So glad you all had a lovely celebration of him. 3--that's a big number! :o) Playing in the dirt is a very good thing--great for the body and the soul. It's been so very cold here though, our gardening are almost done now. Happy Week, my friend ((BIG HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Birdie, your son is just precious! Happy Birthday to him! Glad you got to play in the dirt. :)

Sharon

christina said...

a happy birthday to your son! i can feel your love for him, always.
xo

Flea said...

That is the loveliest two photos!!