Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October

"Do you want to hear a story mommy"? Nowadays I'm waking up to this sentence. And I just love it. SO much. I love my little boy telling me stories. In few weeks he will be three. He is at this age when he is just so very sweet. I mean he always was, no doubt, but now he even tells me the stories :-) 
And he still think that everyone is good and kind. He doesn't understand why the queen from Snow white would want Snow white to die. He doesn't understand why Cinderella's stepmother doesn't like her. He always asks me "but why is she mean"? and of course he doesn't want to watch the part when these persons appear which is fine with me as I limit his TV watching to minimum anyway and these stories are way too long for him. But I don't know how to explain to him that there are people out there who are not nice, friendly and even worse who harm others. We come to this world with a good pure heart. Why some people 'lose' it along the way? I know silly naive question. We all know why. But my why goes behind the first why ... anyway ...

So I just enjoy him being our little beautiful boy. I push aside the fear of the big world and I'm in heaven when he puts his hand around my neck, gives me a hug and tells me "I love you mommy. I love you so much that I would want to have you twice, all the same, with the same beautiful face you do have" ... ahhhh ... my son loves me and thinks I'm beautiful ... my heart is in heaven for these words of love.


And I just enjoy when he starts to pretend to be the pilot of the plane and says "ladies and japanese" ... lol ... he doesn't want to say gentlemen, he wants to say japanese (just in case any Japanese person would read this, this come from our interest in Japanese culture :-)  ...

or when he says "mommy they really should make a dvd about Cinderella going to buy a new loan mower" ... ha! there you go Walt Disney with an idea of a 3 year old boy ... :-)

Happy October everyone!!! May your days be filled with love, compassion, non judgment and inner peace. If you undergo any difficulty may you find peace in knowing it will not last and it will get better. Believe. Never stop believing for the best. May you know that you are always loved.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Out of the mouths of babes! From Lynn's photos of her children over at Allegria Images to your son's ideas for a new twist on Cinderella gives hope for our world. I love the sound of a child's voice especially between the ages of two and five. They speak their mind and give of themselves freely. Let us keep these magical times for them sacred as they grow. Beautiful post Birdie!

Cindy said...

Birdie, I love that little boy, he is very smart and knows his Mom is beautiful and would have her twice...that made me tear right up. I love this post, you have such a kind and caring soul. my nieces and nephews are all grown up now, the favorite stage of their lives were when they were little and they asked why about everything...I wish we could keep them as children forever,,,just sometimes. happy Birthday to your baby this week. have a great weekend, thankyou for all your kind support. your a darling.

Brian Miller said...

awww...wha adorable moments you captured..one of the best things in my life is being able to be a dad and have these moments...love it!

Tracy said...

Oh, how sweet... And so glad you shared this with us, Birdie. Happy Days & Happy Magic Moments, my friend. :o) ((HUGS))

SE'LAH... said...

Really sweet post...do enjoy these lovely moments with your son. My daughter still makes up stories. bliss.

Sharon said...

I love this post too! So sweet and comforting. Makes me want to hug a three year old! I absolutely love that age in a child! They are so sweet and inquisitive and they have their little personalities all shining for us to see. I would have gladly lived with each of my grandchildren for the third year of their lives. Ah, so fun and pure love. Enjoy.

Much love,
Sharon

Just Be Real said...

Birdie, thank you for sharing.

Umā said...

I know I'm commenting on an older post here but I just wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comment! I'm enjoying reading your posts as well, and this one is especially sweet.