Monday, June 13, 2011

Mindfulness versus Day Dreaming



"When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love. "
— Thich Nhat Hanh


How was your weekend friends? On Saturday I woke up to mindfulness. It kind of came to me spontaneously without any effort. As the day went by at times I needed to remind myself to stay mindful at times.
I had a wonderful Saturday. I think thanks to my mindfulness throughout the day I felt such an inner peace and joy.

However on Sunday after hubby mentioned 'vacation' I started to day dream and the mindfulness was gone and the truth is that the inner peace and joy was gone as well. And somehow, compare to Saturday my Sunday felt like a 'lost' day ...

Inner peace is something I have always been 'looking for'. As for me, it's the most important state of mind I wish to have. I believe when we feel inner peace we can also feel happiness, joy ... and I believe it's highly contagious. Why then, if it is not actually as difficult to stay mindful, I (we) don't practice the mindfulness more often? Why we don't make it a part of our daily life?


Anyone wants to join me in practicing more mindfulness in the daily life? ;-)


In the above picture a little sneak peek into our weekend. I did spare you of the bloody broken lip and nose of my little pumpkin. Bad fall but thank you Universe! it looked much worse then it was in reality.
The nose was just a bit sprained and not broken! *big sigh of relieve* 

Sending love your way ...






6 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, dear Birdie! Glad you had such a good weekend--your photo mosaic is sooo lovely... perfect summer moments! Oh, but I'm so sorry your sweet boy is hurt... so glad it wasn't too, too bad. Hoping very much he will be better soon. I love & admire you thoughts on mindfulness. I take many moment throughout the day to just stop--probably the easiest way to tune into mindfulness. ;o) But I've found when I've stopped striving so hard to look for or find inner peace, giving up the striving almost seems to automatically shift the mind & body into tuning in to a different way of noticing thing, so that mindfulness, peace and joy happen seemingly more spontaneously. It was all always there, I was just trying to hard to see it/find it. ;o) Wishing you & yours a happy week ((HUGS))

beth said...

i'll join you.....

and i hope the little pumpkin is better and thank god for a happy and not broken nose....been there done that :(

Cindy said...

Hi Birdie, so sorry to hear about your sons fall. So glad it was not broken. Your Saturday sounds perfect. I have been practicing mindfulness a lot and seem to have found an inner strength now that I know next Tuesday is surgery. It seems it has all fallen together. Sending you hugs and love your way. I will probably take a break until the end of July....that is my plan anyway. take care. c

Anyes said...

Mindfulness is always so hard to achieve for me. Yesterday for the first time ever during our evening walk, I felt a lightness of the mind I had never experienced before. I might just be ready for it ;-)
I am glad little pumpkin is OK.
Enjoy your Tuesday, Birdie

karen - Simply Inspired said...

birdie...yes, I will join you. thank you for the lovely collage, I practiced mindfulness enjoying your photos, words and creativity...a nice beginning to my day. with love to you, always.
-xok.

christina said...

oh bless the little pumkins heart.
i adore these photos, just adore them.
xoxo