Friday, April 16, 2010

Our neighbors

This is one of our neighbors.
They are three.
The second one looks looks the same.
And the third one is brown.

We instantly felt in love with these sheep.
They are so very friendly.
They say 'hi' (ba ba) every time they see us.

We see them from our windows.
I just love to watch them.

But our lovely fellows ate all the grass on their lawn.
So the owner drove them to some other place
while the grass on his lawn grows up again.
Apparently it may take few weeks
another neighbor told me even months 
before they can come back.

I so miss them. 
I'm actually grateful for every drop of rain
so that the grass can grow 
and our wonderful & friendly neighbors are back.

Animal & nature friendly w-e to you :-)


6 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

baaaa....i love it.

enjoy your weekend too dear.

Enchanted Oak said...

Dear Birdie: That is a gorgeous photo of a crocus on your blog's header. I absolutely understand why you adore your sheep neighbors. Baaa. Humbug that they left. May they return to you soon! Thank you so much for your visit today. Things have seemed dark and weary for a little while, but the sunshine returned today, and you are part of it!

SE'LAH... said...

Stopping by again to tell you how much your comment touched my soul. You are a deep and compassionate woman and I'm happy to know you.

one love.

Birdie said...

dear Se'lah, thank you for your kind kind words! the pleasure of meeting you is all mine :-)!! one love

Brian Miller said...

would love to have sheep nearby...we love our animals and our nature...

Chris said...

Sheep . . . organic lawn mowers! Love seeing them wandering in a field whenever I pass by a farm. We have sheep on the college campus where I work and the little ones born are so cute.