Friday, May 21, 2010

10, 9, 8 ...

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... & lift off ... the space shuttle leaves for new discoveries in the space and beyond ...

greetings from our space center. That's how our mornings starts nowadays. Our 2.5 year old son loves to jump up on my lap saying "mommy please I wanna see the space shuttle" ... click here, click there and we are watching how the space shuttle lifts off. It's amazing. Not only the magic surrounding the space discoveries but also the fact that before we had our son it would not cross my mind to watch a space shuttle or to take an interest in trucks, bulldozers, diggers and other heavy machinery. My boy is opening many doors for me. And I love it. I actually got myself looking at a huge truck crane the other day wondering where it was going ... I have the beginner mind again. That brings so much freedom, so much new possibilities :-)

I'm going to soak myself into all the wonderful blogs of yours. So much fun, so much beauty and wisdom :-) I cannot wait to read them all!

Lovely weekend friends :-)

ps: check this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmC2v4G5zq0
      the music is playing in my head all the time now as we saw it so many times, and our little one sings 
      the melody to me before we go to sleep :-)

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice. we watch the animals at the national zoo on the webcams all the time. i am sure it is a matter of time before that becomes space and the shuttles...

off to check that vid...

Birdie said...

Brian, we visited a zoo during our vacation and the favorite animal was the huge anaconda, so I rather watch the space shuttle, it feels somehow safer ... lol

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

yes, fill yourself with water and bubbles, then enjoy the rest...
have fun!
Happy Friday!

Enchanted Oak said...

Welcome back home, Birdie! I love the phrase you used here, the "beginner mind." And a little boy's beginner mind at that! We're off to go camping with our wonderful three year old grand nephew, who makes life a pure joy for us. Have a wonderful weekend, dear one.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Sorry that someone has hurt your child...
If your child can forgive, then so do you.
u love your children more than anything in the world, then on behalf of him/her, you must find a way...
it is a matter to release and liberate yourself by move on...
take good care.
BEST!

SE'LAH... said...

Birdie, we were fortunate to leave on the Space Coast...we could stand in our yard and watch the shuttle lift off. I am happy we experienced that since it is soon to be an extinct experience. Feeling the actual sonic boom when it returned to this orbit was amazing. Scared the bejesus out of me the first time ;)

Brian Miller said...

lol. yeah the space shuttle might be a safer bet. smiles.