Monday, January 31, 2011

Can you see us?

It's been so long 
Since I did look into your kind face
Your eyes speaking so much love
It's been so long
Since your hands did touch mine
It's been so long 
Since I heard you saying 'our sunshine is here'

It was you who did teach me how to see with my heart
and how to understand the whispers of the wind

It was you who did teach me about the birdies, the soil 
and the healing powers of the herbs

So many times I imagined walking through your kitchen door
presenting you my son for the first time
I imagined how you would turn from the stove
your clean apron on
and with the biggest smile 
how you would embrace my little one
making a little cross on his forehead to bless him

So many times I imagined ...

Can you see us? Can you hear us?

I miss you grandma
I will always love you.

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Love your blog change Birdie. Beautiful post as well. Blessings.

Tracy said...

This is such a lovely, loving tribute, Birdie... Thinking of you! ((BIG HUGS)) And must say, too, the new look here is so happy & wonderful! :o)

Brian Miller said...

aww...tears and smiles. yes she can...i imagine...lovely write and i love the make over...all bright and sunny...

Jessica Lynn said...

Oh my Birdie. I feel that these words could have tumbled from my very own heart & longing for my own grandma. i think of her often. i live in my grandparents home. a home that embodied all things love, food, family, safety, & security to me for the whole of my life. i can see them here through the span of my memories. i was just telling my love the other day how the time spanning from their deaths has softened the memories. the touch of them is a long way away now. i don't like the distance. it's been too long without them. the yearning for them (my grandparents)never ceases. thank you for sharing this. your writing is just beautiful. i thought that it was a poem. i realized that it was & that you were the author. amazing what fell from your heart.

thank you for your kind words on my blog. i really appreciate them. i'm happy that you liked my post.

i love the bright, cheery-ness here. your space fits you ;)

xx

Anonymous said...

A wonderful tribute, Birdie.

Hugs, Sharon