I love the woods. There where I originally come from we were surrounded by deep green woods and we spent so much time in them. Every holiday, every week-end, every season. It didn't matter. To be in the forest is such a primitive and empowering feeling. The fresh breeze in the summer. The softness of the ground.
It looks like our son is also a forest lover. He was asking me for such a long time to take him to the woods. 'Can we go today'? he would ask. We have got two reasonably nice woods nearby. The only problem is that there were several rapes and assaults and even one murder. So, the only way to go to the woods for a walk is when my husband comes with us. Otherwise I would have to be crazy to eventually risk our lives ...
Finally last weekend, the weather was beautiful and hubby had some time :-) So full of excitement we went to the big wood. It was so beautiful. The little one was jumping up high like a squirrel asking about the trees, the plants and fully enjoying the walk. The trees provided us with the shade, the birdies would sing out loud. Pure bliss.
How sad that nowadays we have to be so afraid to do the most natural thing, such as a walk into nature ...
6 comments:
Oh my goodness Birdie, I too love nature. There is a nature part near me and I used to many times go on the trail by myself. Saw wildlife, some a little too close for comfort, but nevertheless it was exciting. I really feel I want to get back to that. Right now it is a bit painful because there is a connection to that with my past. But, one day soon I am hoping. Blessings to you dear one and thank you for sharing. P.S. I hope you caught up on your sleep?
Ah, the apple does not fall far from the tree!!! The solitude, the beauty, the sights and souds . . . ah to be where there's green!! I hear you Birdie!!
we lived in the woods growing up. i grew up on a hill, only fam living on it, surrounded by woods...that sounds realy weird but...anyway, i love the woods...that is where i go to find peace...
hope you have a great weekend as well. the haircuts were a compromise we made when the boys first started school. now its something they look forward to as summer gets here...and keeps us from the crazy haircuts during the school year...
Hi Birdie, we have woods behind our house and lately we've been seeing twine fawns. I saw them together this morning but was unable to snap their picture. They are now old enough to understand flight or fright for which I am thankful. Hopefully, it will keep them safe. We also have a few fox kits around as well but I haven't seen them yet. Of course there's always the deer, a skunk here and there and an occasionaly raccoon and rabbit. I love living in the country.
Happy Sunday,
Walking in nature is the most rewarding exercise for one's body and mind...
Glad that you have done so this week and enjoy the beauty of it.
Post a Comment