You see this lady? She is how I imagine myself to be growing old. Laughing. Still fit. And having my hair exactly this way. I love the simplicity of it. I love the natural gray color.
The only little problem is that my husband really does not like gray hair on women, especially not on his wife (me). He is a cool guy. I could wear a potato bag next to him and he would most probably not say a word. But he has got thing with the gray hair. Out of my love for him (or maybe it is the little ego voice inside of me 'you know that he doesn't like it and look at all these beautiful colorful hair of the other women' ... no need to say more...) I will most probably not wear mine, one day all gray hair, like this (even though I'm still considering ;-).
You see, for now I have got very few of these gray fellows. They still hide quite well. I was told by the women tribe that gray hair are quite premature in our family. I cannot fight the genetics at this level.
And out there, there is a huge business with so many beautiful hair dyes, promising us, the most and the best color ever. The problem, and this is a big one for me, is that I don't like chemicals. You would find very few if any in our household. The same goes to the cosmetics. I don't want to put on my head the PPD or PPDA. You might have heard about these. Para Phenylenediamine
Alternative names for para-phenylenediamine:
PPD or PPDA, Phenylenediamine base, p-Phenylenediamine, 4-Phenylenediamine, 1,4-Phenylenediamine, 4-Benzenediamine, 1,4-Benzenediamine, para-Diaminobenzene (p-Diaminobenzene), para-Aminoaniline (p-Aminoaniline), Orsin™, Rodol™, Ursol™, 2 - Nitro - 1,4 - diaminobenzene, Dye GS, Durafur Brown 2R, Fouramine 2R, 1,4 - Diaminonitrobenzol (German), 1,4 - Diamino - 2 - nitrobenzene, C.I. Oxidation Base 22, Fourrine Brown 2R, NCI - C02222, 4 - Amino - 2 - nitroaniline, 2 - Nitro - 1,4 - benzenediamine, Fourrine 36, o - Nitro - p - phenylenediamine, 2 - Nitro - 1,4 - phenylenediamine, Nitro - p - phenylenediamine, 2 - Nitro - p - phenylenediamine, Oxidation Base 22, Ursol Brown RR, C.I. 76070, Zoba Brown RR, 2 - Nitro - 4 - aminoaniline)So I'm left with another option. Henna. But as everything, even Henna became a huge business. So you can find PPD even in there. A pure quality body art henna that you can safely use to dye your hair is possible to find, yet it is also quite pricey.
Be sure that I'm very well aware that the hair part I mention above is not anything important. What I'm rather trying to say is how much we are exposed to the chemicals. And how important, to my eyes, it is to make the good choices without having to become the 'cave people'.
It's the same as with the organic food. For sure we may find a great organic food from a really good farm (even though the rain that falls from the sky may not be the cleanest one) but it's quite pricey. But it is a choice we make. Maybe to eat less and buy a better quality food.
The other day I was really puzzled. Buying milk for my son. The industrial one was in a jar and the organic one in a plastic bottle ... omg which one is better then?
I wonder how you guys feel about the organic versus industrial? The natural versus the chemical?
Hope you all have a lovely weekend :-)

6 comments:
um...crickets, crickets...i dunno. its a shame to say that, but...T does the shopping...i know we try to keep it as natural as we can. we dont have a cow, but that would be cool...and i kinda look forward to grey...you know...smiles.
I'm a naturalist so I imagine I will be naturally gray should I be so blessed to live to the length of days. My man betta learn to love it even if he don't love it! lol.
The chemicals versus the prescription meds. What a battle we fight. There seems to be a pill for everything these days. We used to buy our milk in plastic bottles but then we discovered a nearby farm that sells their milk in glass bottles. The milk is also from local cows so it is as fresh as you can get it. I often wonder how long the milk in the supermarkets has been sitting there regardless of the date stamp. Oh and the gray bit, I started to turn gray when I was in my 30s. I was genetically disposed to this. And now it's almost all gray. Gray is the new blonde . . . as in Concrete Blonde!
lol guys :-)
Se'lah - in deed maybe he will have to get to love it ;-)
Brian - that's what hubby told me too 'why don't you get a cow?' ... yeah right :-)
Chris - exactly, that would be ideal - a fresh milk from a farm that comes in a glass bottle because I wonder about that organic milk in the plastic bottle, yet I still think it may be better then the industrial milk in the glass bottle ...
I do not even wear makeup. Yeah those gray hairs are a pain at times. Loved the post Birdie.
Birdie, not sure why blogger is messing with your ability to post comments...another post is up now so I hope it begins to work soon. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Post a Comment