How was your weekend? Lovely one on our site :-) Lot's of kids in the house and in the garden, enjoying the nice weather. I like to watch these little ones to play. To discover the world :-)
This morning while preparing our breakfast I remember this little story from my childhood. I went to the same primary school where my mother was a teacher. It was a choice my parents made even though I asked them not to put me there ... sigh. Anyway, as it can go sometimes, I got bullied as a result of my mother being a teacher. Maybe it was also because I didn't know how to stand for myself very well at that time. It didn't last for too long, two months maybe. But it was very unpleasant and I was taking refuge in the nature and in the friends I had outside the school. For some reasons I remembered this part of my life this morning. And I had to smile at it. There are no hard feelings about it. Neither lessons that I think I would have learned from it. It's just something very far away that has happened to me. And today I can gently smile at it and let it completely go.
I wish one day I will be able to smile without any hard feelings at all the difficult times I have been through since then. Just a little smile, an understanding. No nothing else ...
Hope you all have a great week to come :-)
10 comments:
Hi Birdie--Not to minimize your bullying, isn't it amazing how we look back at painful times with different, but hopefully wiser, eyes? I have had a few memories like that myself. It has made me a better person in some respect as it makes me much more aware of it when I see someone else doing it. And I immediately understand and can sympathize.
I know you monitor your comments, as do I but I was wonderfing if you'd be willing to email me your email address. I would love to email you from time to time. If you feel uncomfortable doing this I understand. But please let me know. If you also can't post this comment because of this last bit about your email addr. please let me know and I'll re-send the comment again.
i hope for that day as well...my mom was a teacher which played a part in my bullying as well...glad you have a new perspective on it now and glad you had a great weekend...
Birdie, dear, I also hope that you will eventually look back at difficult times of your life and feel blessed that you came through them. I don't smile at many of the hard times in my past, but God has made it possible to take them in my stride and feel grateful I survived and grateful they helped make me what I am today. I know this can happen for you too.
Thank you for your beautiful comments on my blog.
Birdie thank you for being real. I have learned since I have been on my journey, as painful as many things are that "I have to go through" in order to come out to the other side, I am realizing it will be worth it in the end, to freedom. Thank you for sharing dear one. Blessings.
I was bullied because my father was a teacher, boys teased me openly ...
Get over it.
I am not bothered when thinking of it.
Happy Tuesday!
Smiles!
Jingle, to get over it, was not the only point in my post, it went a little deeper then that ... I'm happy that you can get over things fast :-)
i know, some of these memories cut deep. take time and care along the way. show yourself as much time and love as you need while walking with these feelings.
so much love for you, my friend.
xo
those memories can be so real sometimes...but you survived. take good care of yourself. give yourself a hug for me. and a smile ;)
Post a Comment