Monday, July 26, 2010

Knitting, Boston Ivy and the rest

What you gonna say when the winter will ask what you were doing in the summer? 
I'll say that I was knitting a scarf for our son. I haven't knit in maybe 15 years. Then the other day I read Tracy's  beautiful post and I suddenly so wanted to knit. Our son loves purple color and so I told him he can chose the wool and I'll will knit him a scarf for the winter :-) We had fun to go to buy the wool together. On Saturday when he went for his nap I started to knit. I chose a very simple pattern, after all it has been so many years I didn't hold the knitting-needles. And it looked like this
and I continued a bit on Sunday

Thank you Tracy for painting the knitting with so much love. It really got me and I'm delighted I can put all my love into this scarf hoping it will keep my little one warm during the cold days.

I also planted some Boston Ivy  

does anyone know how fast do they grow? or how slowly? I wish they cover the white wall ... :-)

Very lovely weekend on our side. Went to the woods for the walk. We went the three of us and came back five ... me and our son had each one a tick. Oh I don't fancy you small black little guys. I have recently learned a very easy and safe way how to remove a tick. If you are interested, here is goes:
take a cotton, wet it, and put a soap on it so that it becomes kind of a creamy texture ... then put this on the tick and very gently (you don't want to tear him apart) move it on the tick. Sooner or later the tick will let go your skin for the cotton. However the tick is still alive so you may want to flush him into the toilet.
Hubby managed to throw a bit of red wine on the carpet. So I'm going to share another trick how to get the red wine stain away. When ever you get some red wine on the carpet the best way that I know is to immediately put lots of salt on it. Then just take lukewarm water a little bit of soap and brush it away. It really works perfectly :-)
Have a great week everyone
Peace and love :-)

7 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Certainly sounds like you had a wonderful and peaceful weekend. Those walks in the woods with God's nature are certainly delightful.

Wow, what a simple solution for removing a tick.

Love thus far what you have knitted.

Blessings to you dear.

Tracy said...

Oh, Birdie... I am so excited that you're knitting again! The scarf for your son looks wonderful--beautiful purple color. Thank you for the lovely mention here... I am delighted that my musings on knitting inspired you to take up the needles again! Great tip about the red wine--thanks! We had a lovely weekend too. Saturday was errands, chores and making ready for family gathering Sunday. It all went by in a blink! We have some ivy but I am not sure of the variety. It is in a shady spot, planted last year--slow to growing, but it is pretty. Hope yours will fill that wall/corner fast. Happy week to you & yours Birdie. Many thanks for your note--I will write soon. :o) ((HUGS))

Brian Miller said...

that is a new trick for me with the cotton ball...did know about the salt...cool on the scarf...my boys have blankets that my mom did that they carry everywhere...

Chris said...

Love the scarf!! Tried knitting years ago, gave up. But admire anyone who can do it and your son's scarf is beautiful. Love the color Birdie. Also love your shot of the Gerber daisies.

SE'LAH... said...

I am so happy that you came to my birthday celebration...it's fantastic to enjoy these moments in life with friends.

Thanks, my dear.
one love.

Regan said...

How cool! I wish I could learn how to knit. :) xoox

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

you are hard at work,
take good care.


http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pick-one-or-two-to-share-follow-rule-no.html

hope that you have a smiling day!
Enjoy if you like some...
;)